Harbor Freight - 23 Ga. Air Pinner (Models 97526, 95882) (Rating: 5)

I have become rather pragmatic in the purchasing of some tools for my shop. Harbor Freight is very accessible for me and the cost of air tools from the big box stores seems out of proportion to what they do and what I can buy them for at HF. I am not not a power user of air nailers but expect I will use them more and more over time. Although the normal price for this is $24.99, I think I picked mine up on sale for $16.99. The pins I buy in packages of 6000 for about $4. I love these pinners since the pins are so small, often you don't know they're there unless you look closely.

This one is very simple and straightforward to use. A little oil at the air inlet, load the pins (from 1/2 to 1 inch in length) set the control on the side of the magazine for length (to set depth), hook up the air and you're good to go. I like using this in lieu of clamps for some glue ups and for setting drawer fronts onto drawers in place. Because it is so light, uses such a small pin, and has never yet misfired, I will be finding more ways to make this part of my daily tool arsenal.

My first HF air gun purchase was for a narrow crown stapler and it too has never misfired and done yeoman's work. My first pneumatic gun purchase was my Porter Cable 18 ga. nailer. I like it also, nicer finish and all, but it misfires several times everytime it's used. HF isn't for everybody, but I have been very pleased with their pneumatic tools.