LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
This is thee best, I say, I say, thee very best corned beef n cabbage ever! From the Kavanah Hause (my place and the wifees kitchen). Hope ya'll have had or are still having a gr8 St. Pats Day. Work/Play/Party safe.
Food Tableware Bottle Recipe Plate

Attachments

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Roger mate U got it made, you're a lucky man + a bottle of the good stuff to wash it down, Yummy
can't beat Cabbage n beef, bet ya got some ice cream for desert :) :)
cheers
Pete

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
It looks WONDERFUL! Happy St. Pat's day to you and the misses! ((HUGS)))

Sheila

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Roger,

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
that looks terrific! we didn't have corn beed today, but some killer irish stew last weekend.

So what's the difference with Guinesse in a bottle or a can? and whats with that little white ball inside of the can?? does anyone have the explanation?

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thnx everyone. Tooch: It's called a widget. Here's a quote from Guinness: "When the can is opened, a small amount of beer and nitrogen, trapped in the widget, is forced out through the beer, which creates the famous creamy head that you find on a pint of GUINNESS® Draught served in a pub." Some bottles used to have them, but, The past few cases of bottles that I purchased, didn't have the widgets in them. There's nothing better than a freshly drawn glass o Guinness with that beautiful head on it. It's also good grooming for the mustache…lol

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party but I must say that dish looks mighty good Roger! My wife made corned beef n cabbage also did it in the crock pot for the first time and it came out yummy!

Happy belated St Pat's Day too ya! With a dish like that I know your day was a good one!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Darn…..I forgot the Guinness! Only problem is that I have found that if you're not drinking it at the brewery in Dublin, it's just not the same…....................sure works though!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.