Kreg - Shelf Pin Jig with 5mm Bit (Rating: 5)

Although I think a lot of Kregs products are exspensive they are extremely well made and they are made for the beginner in mind.

I purchased this jig because I wanted to put shelf pin holes in an existing cabinet and it worked awesome, I especially like the simplicity of the jig.

The Shelf Pin Jig also includes a dual-position, adjustable fence for custom hole placement, a locating pin for quick and accurate spacing reference, a jig extender that lets you connect multiple Shelf Pin Jigs together for high-speed production work, and an ultra-sharp 5mm brad-point bit with depth collar that can be stored on the bottomside of the Shelf Pin Jig when not in use.

I know that you could probably make a shop made jig but I'm not good at conceptual design when it comes to jigs and I want them to last, somebody probably already has made there own jig for this but at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

I have used it on custom made shelving unit and it worked out awesome… I especially like the jig has compartments on the underside of the jig to hold some of its components like the drill bit and spacer..