LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
So it has officially arrived in my area of Eastern Canada. We are starting to see cases of the dreaded H1N1 flu in our schools, ironically the vacine became available today. What kind of precautions are people taking to aviod this beast? By the way one case that was reported yesterday appears to be very serious, the young man is in hospital and things are not looking good for him.

I've instructed my staff of school bus drivers in proper personal hygiene (hand washing) and provided them with alcohol based wipes to clean the high touch surfaces of their buses. Apart from recomending they get the vacine and staying home if they are experiencing symptoms of the flu I'm not sure what else I can do.

Remember folks, wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, use hand sanitizers that are at least 60 % alcohol.

·
Registered
918 Posts
This (site) is (Was) my escape from H1N1 as I am the IT coodrinator of a district Health Department in Michigan.

It sounds like you have instructed staff correctly.

I look forward to when this whole thing is behind us and work can return to normal. We are not able to keep up with this with the staff that we have left and the stat is talking about cutting our budget this year!! WOW.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
FYI - I got my H1N1 shot last week and it will be effective in 2 weeks they told me. Oh and the regular flu shot a couple of weeks before that. I'm 64 and considered high risk…...diabetic, one kidney, OCPD…...yada, yada, yada.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Here in the Orange County/Los Angeles area, as of today the news is reporting that if you are not part of the 'target' groups (young, pregnant, health issues..) you will not get the H1N1 vaccine until supplies become more available. And in asking around for the seasonal flue vaccine, some places and doctors offices are already out. I was at my doctor's today and he mentioned some of the batches of the standard Flu vaccine had been bad so that is shortening up the supply. He said he ran out 2 weeks ago and he doesn't know when they will get more of either vaccine. Not a good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.