LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
A few days ago, I received a Grizzly catalog and spotted a peculiar new product, a new mini (4-1/2") track saw. It appears to be a scaled down version of their track saw, but includes some interesting blade options (carbide, abrasive, and diamond-tipped).
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Mini-Track-Saw-4-1-2-/T10824

No manual appears to be online, but it does seem like it may be compatible with the bigger 6-1/2" track saw.

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
It looks like it might be easier to handle for those with weak or small hands. The selection of blades is an interesting idea too. Thanks for sharing paxorion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I followed a link to the grizzly facebook page and one of their tech guys says that the mini track saw does not work with the full size track saw track. It's too bad because the price point would have been fantastic.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Specifications:

Motor: 120V, 1.5 HP, 10A
Motor speed: 28,050 RPM
Max cutting depth at 90 Degrees: without track 1-1/4", with track 1-1/16"
Saw blade: 4-1/2" x 7/8"
Distance between saw blade and wall: 3/4"
Dust port diameter: 1-1/2"
Weight: 7 lbs.

Features:

Includes 20-tooth carbide-tipped saw blade, 40-tooth carbide-tipped saw blade, diamond saw blade, abrasive disc, and blade changing tools
Cam lock anti-kickback protection keys the saw to the track and eliminates any play between the saw and the track
Trigger-activated plunge release mechanism for added safety
Swivel dust port for shop vacuum

Seems like the blades are included in the 89.95 deal. Pretty darn good.
I guess you purchase the track, still is reasonable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.