LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am getting ready to order one of these saws and am asking if anyone knows if one is better than the other.
The specs show the 690 having a slightly longer crosscut and a longer fence
The 1023RLW has a single belt drive system. According to the manual, they say to replace the bearings when you replace the belt, but they don't say to do that on the 690.
Price is almost the same, so I am just trying to decide on which one to get.
I am also ordering the mobile base with either saw.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The consensus seams to be that the 1023 is a little better design, with the vertical ways and dust shroud. It's really kind of a toss up. Have you checked to see if they have any? The last I read someone posted they were out of stock until the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
There certainly hasn't been a lack of debate between these two saws. The 690/691 is a more time tested design whereas the current generation of 1023 has a dovetail ways elevation gear. The 1023 also has a thicker top, leading to a 1/8" drop in cut capacity. Depending on the fence rail option you get, the 690/691 usually has a larger cut capacity when compared to the 1023 (30" vs 25", 52" vs 50").

All these numbers mean little when you consider the going consensus: for the price point, you can't go wrong with either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.