Craftsman - 7.5 amp 4-1/8" Bench Top Planer/Jointer (21789) (Rating: 5)

I decided last night that I could not live without a jointer for a gate project I am working on but did not want to spend the money on a larger jointer as my wife just started her own business last year so I did some searching and came across this little guy on sale at sears.

Regularly $209 but on sale online for $169.57 right now. got it home and set up was a breeze. It was also easy to get the granite fences nice and true.
Within about 45 minutes I was jointing boards and so far it works perfectly.
I have not used it as a planer nor will I probably except maybe to update this review.

Not sure I would have paid $209 for it as for a couple of hundred more you can get a decent floor jointer but at $209 I still think it is a decent deal if this size is more what you are looking for.

It also come with 2 push blocks that look decent but I have at least 5 others that I would use first but it is nice that it come with them.

Below are the specs from the Sears site and I will update this review if I run into any problems with it.

Features:
7.5 Amp Universal motor, 120VAC, 60Hz
Granite Table and fence provides a flat, smooth, hard surface for more accurate cuts
Fence adjusts from 90° to 45° for chamfer and bevel cuts
Cutterhead rotates at 9,250 RPM giving you precision milled edges
2-HSS blades are reversible which reduces downtime for blade changes, produces 18,500 CPM
Rear dust collection chute fits 2-1/2" wet/dry vac hose (not included)
Weight: 57lbs / 25.91 kgs
Some Assembly Required
1 year general warranty
Included Accessories: Push Blocks