DeWalt - DC970K-2 18v Cordless Compact Drill/Driver Kit (Rating: 5)

I never go shopping on Black Friday…ever. Except that on Thursday morning I saw Home Depot advertising this Dewal drill for $99 (regularly $199).

So I dragged my butt out of bed at 6am to go buy one.

I have been using an older B&D corded drill that was given to me by a family member. It ceratinly gets the job done, but I have issues with non-hex bits slipping when using larger bits as well as some other minor issues. When I saw this drill for $99, including the drill, case, 2 batteries and a charging station, I figured now was as good a time as any to get a new drill. I'm a big fan of Dewalt tools in general. I have not had any bad exp. with them and love that they come in good sturday cases.

I've used this drill 3 times since purchasing it 3 days ago, including pocket hole assemply of a coffee table frame, and I absolutely love it. The weight (5.2 lbs.) is great for extended use and the many settings have allowed me to do anything I've needed to get done.

Admittedly I do not have many different drills to compare against, but I'd say that I definitely got a steal.

At that price, I'd buy another one if I could find an excuse to do so.

Highly recommended.