LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,068 Posts
I just saw this in a trade magazine. On the Sherwin Williams site it says it was released February 2010.

Have you seen this or had any experience with it? I notice that lacquer is not listed in the products it will shoot.

Here's a picture.

· Registered
821 Posts
I do not see why it wouldn't spray lacquer based on the other types of paint it will spray. Have not seen or used it. It looks like a standard airless tip.

· Registered
81 Posts
Lee -
I know nothing about the product nor had I heard of until you mentioned it.

However that does not deter me from venturing a guess or two:

1. This seems to be a consumer product, although it could be used commercially and might be good for cabinet installers in the field. As a consumer product lacquer may be less popular than the other finish products.

2. My old airless equipment, as well as the HVLP unit that I now use always come with two tips for the gun as lacquer requires the smaller of the two.

· Registered
343 Posts
I have the Graco 3900 and I have shot poly and lacquer too. It has a great liquid to air ratio that you save a ton on what is needed to cover the same surface. The sprayer is really easy to get used to and even easier to clean up. I would take a look at it since now Graco is selling under a separate name for an infomercial sprayer too (Graco 2900 I think). Overall a great product line.

· Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stopped by the local SW store today and chatted about this tool. It's been out a while. It comes with two tips, but does not shoot lacquer. Retail is about $500 if I recall correctly. Shortly they'll be out with a new model that does shoot lacquer. They didn't have one in stock but I brought back a flashy brochure.

This one gives you about 5 hours on the LiOn battery, Two tips, two batteries charger, etc come in the kit. There are liners for the cup included too.

I am not sure where it fits in the consumer - professional spectrum, but it was written up in a trade magazine-CWB or one of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.