LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The patch

Uh Oh, I seemed to have started yet another project. What was I thinking? Anyhow, this project has been somewhat of a priority that I've been waiting on material for. It is going to be a lectern for Gracie Barra America. The back of the lectern will look like a Gi (lapelle) and this is one of the patches I am inlaying into it. This patch is made out of Paduak and Maple. Stay tuned. This project will be something else.
Photobucket

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
The patch

Uh Oh, I seemed to have started yet another project. What was I thinking? Anyhow, this project has been somewhat of a priority that I've been waiting on material for. It is going to be a lectern for Gracie Barra America. The back of the lectern will look like a Gi (lapelle) and this is one of the patches I am inlaying into it. This patch is made out of Paduak and Maple. Stay tuned. This project will be something else.
Photobucket
Looks cool keith

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
The patch

Photobucket
Great Keith

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
The patch

Photobucket
Looking forward to seeing more of this! Nice start.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The patch

Photobucket
Looking real good

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
The patch

Photobucket
nice work can you make a few thousand for your old Scottish pal Alistair

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
The patch

Photobucket
alrighty…a keith project…this will be something to look forward to…get with it…

13,555 Posts
The patch

Photobucket
Nice start!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Progress

Got the sides pressed and cut to length. I taped the scaled template to the sides to show the concept. The back will be layered and have a carved belt. The Logo I am working on (red circle) will be inlayed in the top left corner. I still need to cut the parts for the back and lay them up. Then I can inlay the circle and the letters you see drawn. Then on the chest section there will be an elaborate marquetry pattern, and is meant to look like a shirt under the gi. I have many more weeks left, but it's going well so far. On the front side there will be a dovetailed drawer and possibly a door. I may leave it open with a shelve or two.
Thanks for looking.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

13,555 Posts
Progress

Got the sides pressed and cut to length. I taped the scaled template to the sides to show the concept. The back will be layered and have a carved belt. The Logo I am working on (red circle) will be inlayed in the top left corner. I still need to cut the parts for the back and lay them up. Then I can inlay the circle and the letters you see drawn. Then on the chest section there will be an elaborate marquetry pattern, and is meant to look like a shirt under the gi. I have many more weeks left, but it's going well so far. On the front side there will be a dovetailed drawer and possibly a door. I may leave it open with a shelve or two.
Thanks for looking.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Looks good.

·
Registered
13,523 Posts
Progress

Thanks for looking.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hi Kieth

The podium is looking great! Really like the design. I am looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Thanks for posting.

God Bless
tom

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More Progress

The patch is just taped on. I still need to inlay it. I also need to attach the lapelle sections. The box is buiscuit joined together. It's coming along nicely.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

·
Registered
13,760 Posts
More Progress

The patch is just taped on. I still need to inlay it. I also need to attach the lapelle sections. The box is buiscuit joined together. It's coming along nicely.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
excellent !

you got talent , my man .

very well done .

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
More Progress

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Keith: a great looking job.

·
Registered
687 Posts
More Progress

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Comin' along great! Love those lines. This is one of those projects that I'd love to see in person 'cause I know that the pictures just don't do it justice.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
More Progress

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
AWESOME!!!!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.