LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Oliver 12" Jointer - If only I had the room…

Delta Table Saw Contractor type $150 - Not my cup of tea but a good starter saw for somebody

Delta 12" 33-790 RAS $350 - Less then I got my 33-791 for last year

Delta DJ-20 $1125 - But I already have one! I woulda jumped on this.

Delta/Rockwell Unisaw $550 - Have one already too.

Delta UniGuard 34-976 $115 - Always toyed with this idea of getting one of these, might consider this.

Delta Vintage 14" Band saw with Baldor motor $300 - I'm into the older better built machines.

An one other thing I might pick up if it's still available… :)

Seems to be a buyers market out there.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I seem to luck out that way. I picked up my 12" RAS for $500 which Rockler sells now for $2849 and a 15" Delta Variable Speed Drill Press for $400 that was selling for around $2400 but a look at Delta's web site doesn't show it anymore. In fact it only shows 2 DP's the 17-950 and a bench top model, they used to have 20 or so, industrial models. Looks like B&D's strangle hold is taking effect even more, just like the chop saws disappeared in favor of DeWalts.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
That does look like a pretty nice list of tools. I seach on the local CL pages every day and never see anything like these. But, then, if I did see something I like I would have to ask my wife for an advance on my allowance anyway.

·
Registered
144 Posts
BlankMan,
I'll be driving up to Milwaukee tomorrow afternoon from Springfield. I gotta go to the Cleaver Brooks boiler school for the whole day Tue. If I wasn't coming up with two co-workers, I'd love to see your shop and we could yak. Maybe another time. Your'e always welcomed at mine.
KHOP

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KHOP that be cool and you are more then welcome. If you do get in the area in the future definitely let me know. Although my shop is still a work in process, and probably will be till the day I die, it allows me to do what I want to do. If I would just stop upgrading my machines and concentrate more on making stuff, but I'm doing that while I can afford it for the day I retire.

Still on the list:

Finish restoring the Delta 15-655 Variable Speed Drill Press I picked up so I can use it.
Replace the top and bottom castings on my Delta 14" Band Saw to the current design so as to have the 4" dust collection port and the tension quick release.
Clean up and mount the Jet 6"x 48" Belt 12" Disc Sander I picked up at the GM Janesville plant auction on the enclosed base I ordered that I got but was damaged so I'm waiting for its replacement.
Mount my Delta Drum Sander on the current enclosed base (it's on the open stand) so as to save some space (space is at a premium).

People may wonder why I do some of this but it's cheaper then buying whole new machines and I bascically get the latest design.

Then I've been wanting to build a real heavy duty hard maple top woodworking bench for a number of years now.

And finish the TV stand I started last winter out of white maple and walnut. (Woodworking's a winter hobby for me.)

I need more time!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.