LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would like to buy some quality hinges for a jewelry box I'm making. I've looked at Brusso hinges and some places like Rockler and Woodcraft but I don't know about the quality. I saw a place that sold extruded brass hinges but I can't remember where. Got any ideas.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Walt:

I, too, use Lee Valley whenever possible.

However, I've been buying and collecting used and vintage hardware for my projects. There are several dealers in my area that specialize in selling reclaimed hardware. My customers have shown a willingness to pay extra for unique hardware.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For jewelry boxes you can't beat Brusso. They are the finest hinges made IMO. Their products are made from fully machined brass and steel and have absolutely zero slop or play in them. I have used them for years and have never been disappointed, except in the price - they are expensive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.