LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had this saw for almost three years now and I've think I've officially outgrown it. Problems I am having now are mostly related to getting accrurate dado cuts for such things as doors. The darn insert does not sit flush at the back and has no support so it's essentially flopping around. I purchased the dado insert from Bosch as well as their ZCI but still not having much luck. I was going to have a crack at making my own inserts this next weekend. Besided selling the saw and upgrading to something a little more suitable, does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
454 Posts
If there isn't enough support for the insert, I'd consider adding a steel bar across the unsupported area (from the underside of the table), and then drill and tap the insert for set screws to add the support you need.

Hope that helps,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.