LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm based in Bucks Co. PA and I'm looking to part with a hardly used General Tool 690-1 bandsaw (I bought it in 2005 and used it to cut the braces for a timber frame barn. I then moved and it's been sitting in the garage and not used ever since. The saw is in excellent condition. Price: $2,000. Local pick-up only (saw weighs over 300 lbs.).

General 690-1 15in Wood Cutting Bandsaw

Features:

High quality, precision-machined, one-piece cast-iron frame.
16 gauge stamped steel doors.
Heavily-ribbed, high quality, solid cast-iron table polished to perfection with a 3/8" x 3/4" (9.5×19 mm) miter gauge T-slot.
Built-in 2 1/2" dust collection outlet.
Hardened steel upper blade guide, mounted on a steel arm with sealed ball-bearings for extra support.
Quick, easy, upper and lower wheel parallel alignment using a block and groove mechanism adjusted by a handle at the back of the machine.
Powerful North American designed, totally enclosed, fan cooled motor with a dynamically balanced cast-iron pulley.
One-piece, high quality, welded steel cabinet for maximum strength and stability.

Overall Dimensions:

Wheel diameter 15" (381 mm)
Wheel speed 750 RPM
Blade speed 3000 FPM (914 MPM)
Maximum width of cut 14 3/4" (375 mm)
Maximum depth of cut 12 3/4" (324 mm)
Min. / max. Blade width 1/8" TO 3/4" (3 TO 19 mm)
Blade length 111" (2819 mm)
Table size 15" x 15" (381×381 mm)
Table tilt 0° TO 45° (RIGHT) / 0° TO 10° (LEFT)
Table height 42" (1067 mm)

Specifications:

Motor M2 1 1/2HP, 230 V, 1 Ph, 8 A

Wood Floor Shelf Gas Machine

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tire

Automotive tire Font Publication Material property Rectangle

Green Gas Audio equipment Machine Font

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.