LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My First Project of 2002

Well, here is my first project I completed back in 2002. It is a garden bench that I made for my grandparents to put on their porch. These are recent pictures and as you can see it has held up pretty well over the last 5 years. I believe this is made out of cypress. I took some lumber that my grandfather had stored outside for probably 20 years. It was really rough stuff, but after sanding, then planing it revealed some really nice wood. No finish, just completed and set out on their porch.

-
Jack D

·
Banned
2,418 Posts
My First Project of 2002

Well, here is my first project I completed back in 2002. It is a garden bench that I made for my grandparents to put on their porch. These are recent pictures and as you can see it has held up pretty well over the last 5 years. I believe this is made out of cypress. I took some lumber that my grandfather had stored outside for probably 20 years. It was really rough stuff, but after sanding, then planing it revealed some really nice wood. No finish, just completed and set out on their porch.

-
Jack D
Nice work Jack
It looks very solid and i really like the design .

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My First Project of 2002

-
Jack D
Nice project. Outdoor furniture is a great place to start.

·
In Loving Memory
10,319 Posts
My First Project of 2002

-
Jack D
Nice bench. What kind of wood is it made out of?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
My First Project of 2002

-
Jack D
Looks comfy… I too am interested in the wood species.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
My First Project of 2002

-
Jack D
That's a fine bench. I'll bet the GPs love it.

·
Registered
18,890 Posts
My First Project of 2002

-
Jack D
this is BEAUTIFUL.. so soft and inviting!

·
Registered
325 Posts
My First Project of 2002

-
Jack D
it looks like a pease to pass on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.