LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plans needed for Reversible Inlaid Backgammon & Chess Table

Does anyone have plans for a reversible inlaid backgammon and chess table? My husband is retiring soon December of 08) and I wood like to make this for him. I already have two chairs that have great bones and are the appropriate size. I picked them up at a secondhand store for $9.99 each and will being upholestering them soon.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is my first blog ever, so you know I must be desperate.

·
Registered
155 Posts

Does anyone have plans for a reversible inlaid backgammon and chess table? My husband is retiring soon December of 08) and I wood like to make this for him. I already have two chairs that have great bones and are the appropriate size. I picked them up at a secondhand store for $9.99 each and will being upholestering them soon.

Thanks for everyone's help. This is my first blog ever, so you know I must be desperate.
i am not sure of the pattern on backgammon board, do have a picture of the chairs? do you plan to make a table or perhaps a board that can be reversed?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts

This is not quite what you were asking for, but it's a table that I made for my son.

The first picture is of the table top with an edge around it, with veneer on that surface. The second picture is of the inset that has a chess board on one side. The third picture is the reverse of the chess table.

So what I did was just make a table and put an edge around it that is holding the insert. A small finger groove is placed in the inset to allow it to be lifted up and reversed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.