LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
I watched this live and from what I saw, there was several peaceful groups protesting this or that. There was a group that was set from the beginning called 'The Black Bloc' that dressed in black and helmets. They really are what started it. Apparently this is a group of anarchists with the idea that the collapse of gov't and society will result in a new paradise. Apparently they used the sewars to get close to the security zones and have experience doing this from travelling the world to cause their havoc. Okay, sounds melodramatic, but using the sewars part is true.

While this was started by a few (relative to the over 10,000 other protesters), mob mentality is contageous and only a few did anything about it. They would point out to police those that were doing the damage, sharing pictures with police etc.

A sad weekend for society in my mind.

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Takes all kinds.

As for me, I prefer muddling through a box project.

Or, a good Scotch and cigar.

·
In Loving Memory
6,973 Posts
Gandhi. had the right approach to protesting. The destructive mob protesting only deters any support their cause may have.
Yes, a sad week for society. When will they learn?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hell, I can't figure out why they are so mad about a conference. Rioting and tearing stuff up seems pretty useless to me.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
FIRST: I live 20 Minutes North of where this was all happening. I watched it on a REPUTABLE TV Station and found it to be very Interesting. The "Black Bloc" are a bunch of Shit Disturbors who come from all over the World just to pull Crap like this. "Anarchists" is a Good description Mike. In my opinion it all ended without any serious Consequences. The 3 or 4 Police Forces that were there handled themselves and the Situation Very Well! That's it for that part.

SECOND: How many times do Members of LJ's as above have to tell someone "If you don't want to read it don't click on it." & ONCE AGAIN it's in the COFFEE LOUNGE!!!!!

ALSO: I got a PM from a UK member here who said HE found it Very Insulting to "HIM & OTHER UK" Members that I posted (COFFEE SHOP!!) the 2 Guys who were APPARENTLY trapped by the work they had done erecting the Bollards. GEEEEZ !!! He Speaks for OTHER Members as well as Himself??? I'm still getting FUNNY Replies to that Post and I followed them up by saying how GREAT it was that WE were ALL having a LAUGH together. I told him to find a SHORT Pier and talke a LONG walk off the end of it! Then I Blocked him!

Even if it's NOT the Coffee Lounge! Newbies perhaps, need some of the sort OF APPARENTLY Exiting Confusion cleared up now and then but the "Veterans"?? Bob. You're Right it SHOULD Suffice but it wont.

THEN the original Post ends up being anything but what it started out as!! Just like I'm doing now. Sorry GMman.

Why is it so hard to understand that….
Photobucket

Sometimes I wish I was a Magician!!

Photobucket

·
In Loving Memory
6,973 Posts
Rick:
You have got to be kidding me, you really got a PM from a bruvver in Blighty, it must have been an immigrant cos no real Brits whinge about taking the Mickey or winding up people for a good larf and throwing in the odd insult for good measure.
I'm sure it wasn't HM the Queen who PM'd you it must have been some other queen. I feel I must apologize to you for an odd ball in my country of birth, I can assure that true Brits are the best mates you can have, and they'll make you laugh until your sides ache.
I'm half and half now, US citizen and UK citizen by birth right, and I treasure both countries because we are very much the same.
See my tag line below? I use it a lot.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Steve, it does sound like an oxymoron. Well as far as the back bloc goes, they have the moron part right. My brother-in-law is a member of Toronto's finest. He's been working his ass off this past weekend and is thankfully alright.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Roger: Thanks but there's no need to apologize. I KNOW who YOU are and I respect all I read from you.

I'm also Half & Half & Half …LOL… Mom's side Scottish "Rattray", Dad's Side "Stratten", and I was born in Toronto.

2 of my Friends are British by Birth and we ALWAYS have a HOOT! Whatever we do. My British Cleaning Lady always has to Watch "The East Enders" before She starts. I have everyone of J. Cleese's "Faulty Towers" and "The Two Ronnies" was one of my Favourite shows. I'd Love to work in Government BUT ONLY if it was for the "Ministry Of Silly Walks". I'm Laughing right now just thinking about it!!

I also know what "HP" means on the side of the Bottle. ...LOL…

Catch you later My Friend.

CHEERS: Richard Ewart S.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I keep saying they should have had this at CFB Goose Bay, or Cold Lake Alberta…...way easier (and cheaper) for security, or even Baffin Island…..Plenty of places in Canada that are only accessable by air, it's not like the guests were going out shopping and enjoying the sites. Heck, repurpose the Diefenbunker for this stuff!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.