LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I ordered the G1023RLWX last week and was wondering if any of the Lumberjocks have one and if it comes with a power cord.
The manual says it comes with a cord and the Tech department at Grizzly say it has to be hard wired.

Who is correct?

The saw is currently on backorder and I have time before it arrives.

I just want to be ready for it once it gets to me

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
As of late all of my grizzly stuff has been coming with a cord the first few things I got a couple years ago they didn't but it should be coming with a cord.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Upstate!

I actually called tech support and the guy I talked to said he thought it would come with a cord. Then I got a email from customer service saying it had to be hard wired directly to the circuit box.

The manual shows it with a power cord and the type of socket I would need to plug it in to.
I guess I'll know when the saw is delivered.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can't imagine why it would have to be hard wired. I have a Jet 5HP Xacta saw and I run it with a cord. If it doesn't have a cord just make your own, with a 6-30 plug on the end, unless you have different sockets in your setup.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have 220 in my garage! All I have to do is get the proper receptacle for the plug that comes with the saw and I am all set.
The manual shows the 6-30 plug for that particular saw and a different plug for the 3 hp G1023's.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have the 3hp version of the 1023 but, I'd probably just grab a 6-30 twistlock plug to replace the one that comes with it if it doesn't already have one, you don't have to but I just like twistlocks they give me the the nostalgia of feeling like its safer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may just go with the 3hp one. The 5 hp won't be available till late November and I don't know if I wan to wait that long. My shop is almost setup and once that's done, I'll want my new saw.
The only reason I ordered the 5hp one is it's only $35 more!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.