LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
A local store has the SD208 for $89.00. I have no first hand knowledge of this set and was wondering if it is worth considering. I do like the other Freud blades I have bought and figured why not dance with the girl what brung me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've got one and used it yesterday. I didn't want to pay the 95.00 at Lowe's, so I looked and found one on ebay. Got it for 45.00 and change. For me it does what I want it to. Would like to have a Forrest Dado King, but can't justify it to my wife!

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
The SD208 was my first "good" set. It should serve you well, but with only 12 teeth on the cutters, and 2 teeth on the chippers, it doesn't leave as clean of a cut as the DeWalt DW7670 has twice as many teeth…the 7670 has a similar design to the Forrest Dado King, and gives a taste of the higher end sets for ~ $100 (from Grizzly). If you want to stick with Freud, their SD508 has the same tooth count as both the DW and the Forrest, and is a step up from the SD208.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.