LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've read countless good reviews about this blade, so when I saw one at a good price I picked it up the other day. I've been cross-cutting walnut on my sled this morning and it is possibly the worst cut I have ever had with a blade!

Since this is a thin kerf blade do I need a stabilizer or stiffener?

I can't imagine other peoples blades were like this or they would have returned them immediately. I must be doing something wrong, the cuts I had with my forrest blade were fine but it is out getting sharpened right now, can't wait till it comes back!

I'm using it on a well tuned up Delta Unisaw with a cross cut fence in good condition. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
Sounds like something's amiss. If other blades were working well, you shouldn't need a stabilizer to make the D1080 work well. Double check some of the basics just to be sure, but I'm thinking you might have gotten a bad egg…exchange it or return it if no other issues show up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I double checked the alignment on my saw, even put the old dull blade back on. The dull blade still gives almost a perfect finish, but a bit harder to feed.

I think I'll return it or having my sharpening guy have a look at it for anything obvious. It's a 4 hour drive to return it, so I'd rather fix it!

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
I double checked the alignment on my saw, even put the old dull blade back on. The dull blade still gives almost a perfect finish, but a bit harder to feed.

I think I ll return it or having my sharpening guy have a look at it for anything obvious. It s a 4 hour drive to return it, so I d rather fix it!

- Dabcan
Take some pics of the cuts with the Diablo blade and another blade and chalk them, and then contact Freud…..they might send you a new one. You might not need the pics, but just in case, you'll at least be able to demonstrate the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.