LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
The last thing in need in my inbox is more crap.. particularly for a hunk of plastic that I won't use!

Cheers,
Brad

PS: It's not that I don't use push sticks/blocks/fingerboards, etc.. it's just too darn easy to make them out of scraps that don't cost me a dime and designed for the work that I do.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
Mine came today … haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks like a nice idea!

They included their catalog with 'the Finger' ... I had no idea FastCap made that many products.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
WOW thanks for posting this. I got mine in the mail yesterday. I can allways use another push stick and this one is made really nice and ya can't beat free! I have to admit I have quite a few Fastcap items and none have disappointed.

I use rare earth magnets for lots of things around the shop. This is a good idea!

BTW, the catalog was cool too. I had not realized how much stuff they make.

thanks again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
it's funny everyone always learning things and that includes me. I had not known about this blog until somebody sent me an email and it sure is cool it's fun meeting all of you and I'm glad you like the 11 finger.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
it s funny everyone always learning things and that includes me. I had not known about this blog until somebody sent me an email and it sure is cool it s fun meeting all of you and I m glad you like the 11 finger.

- Supermag
There is a bunch of your customers here … glad you found us!

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Got mine a couple days ago. Well made and will be useful.
Thanks, FastCap.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I also received mine on Friday and the slots for the magnets seem like they're cut slightly undersized to keep the magnets in place with a tighter (vertical) fit against the faces of the magnets. I tried getting the magnets to come out by setting it on its side, tapping it, etc., and the magnets stayed put…your feature to discourage me from setting it on its side is broken!!!

Joking aside, it does look goofy standing up on the top of my fence, but it's pretty natural to grab it that way. I also thought it was handy when I used it at the bandsaw. Whether it's on its side or standing up correctly, it's easier to pick up than a push stick that lies down completely flat, and the bright color makes it stand out more in the corner of your eye. I'm not sure I'd buy one in the store vs. making my own version, but I do like my FastCap tape measure and I've been eyeing some other FastCap tools.

I previously had no idea that FastCap made so many products or that anyone could send in a product idea. I already knew you guys made good stuff, and although I thought some of the adhesive sticker products were a bit silly, I'm really starting to appreciate them more and I love your company philosophy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rob it is all good, i am glad you see some value in the product. When the idea was presented to me by Brian a woodshop teach in Kansas, i thought Genius!!!! I guess because i was a woodshop teacher and i knew it was the one thing i always feared, a kid not using the push the stick. I also said man, that would increase the chances of me using a push stick as well. At FastCap whenever i train people on any machine i always start the training by making the person hold up their hands and repeating this phase "they don't grow back" In many opinion anything that can improve the chance of protecting your fingers has great value in my mind. For Fastcap it has enough value that we are spending 10s of thousands of dollars giving them to woodworks around the world and even paying for the shipping in the lower 48.
Thanks
Paul

Here is the video of Brians Kids using the 11th finger

Here is the video of Brian telling his story https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ZZxNgIDJQ#t=21

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.