LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Free Cut List Software

I found this software and decided to post so others can benefit from it if desired.

The software is named Cutlist Optimizer, available as an app or for use on line at: Cutlistoptimizer.com It is free to download or use on line, and there is a cost Upgrade if desired, but I haven't found that necessary.

The aspects of this that I find very useful are:
It permits you to input the "Stock Sheet" sizes of wood you have on hand, any size board length or width,
Works with fractional measurements,
Makes allowances for blade kerf size,
Provides and ideal cutting sequence for best results,
Provides the results which can be printed or saved as an Adobe PDF, or a JPG photo,
there are additional features in the free version, and this software is very easy to use as you explore it.

In my case, I input three Stock Sheets or boards, two at 7" - one at 75" & the other at 45, and a 12" by 38.5" board, then the many "Panels" or parts / components I need for a small project.
The resulting report didn't utilize the third stock board at 7 X 45, and the report shows the waste that will be created from the cut stock;

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

The above is a bit faded, sorry, but I saved as a PDF then converted to a JPG photo for this post.
If you give it a try I believe you'll find it handy.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Free Cut List Software

I found this software and decided to post so others can benefit from it if desired.

The software is named Cutlist Optimizer, available as an app or for use on line at: Cutlistoptimizer.com It is free to download or use on line, and there is a cost Upgrade if desired, but I haven't found that necessary.

It permits you to input the "Stock Sheet" sizes of wood you have on hand, any size board length or width,
Provides the results which can be printed or saved as an Adobe PDF, or a JPG photo,
there are additional features in the free version, and this software is very easy to use as you explore it.

In my case, I input three Stock Sheets or boards, two at 7" - one at 75" & the other at 45, and a 12" by 38.5" board, then the many "Panels" or parts / components I need for a small project.
The resulting report didn't utilize the third stock board at 7 X 45, and the report shows the waste that will be created from the cut stock;

The above is a bit faded, sorry, but I saved as a PDF then converted to a JPG photo for this post.
I found this software a while back. The discovery made me downright giddy, it is so useful!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
28,694 Posts
Free Cut List Software

it's great for sheet goods especially these days, cant afford too waste even a square inch-lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Free Cut List Software

Another tool worth a look is WorkshopBuddy

Here's a benchmark between it vs CutList Optimizer

Here are the two layouts side by side

Rectangle Font Technology Tints and shades Electronic device

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.