LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
In Loving Memory
353 Posts
Good day

I made this table for different purpose but, I will not tell you which one because you will laugh at me…..except Debbie…

But, while working on it in the garage, I thought that I can use it also as an adjustable height table for the Drill press, table saw, router table and alike to support long boards.

The base is two frames, M&T (made with the "rolling tenon jig" on the table saw), connected with bolts as an X…the top can be any plywood, melamine or whatever.

If I would make it for the shop, I would make it from more "massive" wood, say 2×4" and wider footprint so I can use it also as a low (or high) assembly table

I did not have intention to post it but then, I thought, maybe it will give somebody some ideas so, here it is.

Regards
niki

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

·
In Loving Memory
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you are correct Robert

I did not think about it but now that you mentioned it, I will use a bar clamp or buy another clamp for it…I don't know but, I never have enough clamps… :)

Thanks for the Idea

Regards
niki

·
Registered
92 Posts
Niki,
if MacGuyver was a woodworker, he would be you. You have so many creative and useful ideas it amazes me. Keep up the great work, I love seeing your inventions.

·
In Loving Memory
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much for your kind words, it makes me to feel good that you could find some use of it.

Debbie
The original purpose was…..when I have to clean the tops in the bathroom, toilets or any other shelves, cabinets etc…(yes, it's my duty…but I like it), I like to remove all the "art collections" from the tops and "Schprits" (German for spray) everything, clean and return the "items" back after cleaning them one by one.

Here you can see the "dry section" of our bathroom (the "wet section" is in a separate room on the right and contains only bath tab and shower), I just remove everything to the "table" and clean…very easy…

That's the original planing, 4 hooks and small wheels on the legs

I just put the base on the floor…

Put the top and press down to "click" into the hooks

I'm planning to put also some shelf under (maybe for the cleaning stuff)

And screw some fences around so nothing will fall, in case I bang it…

So, I just roll it from one room to the other, clean and at the end, fold it out….or use it as tea trolly…:)

Regards
niki

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very good Idea. If you don't mind as soon as I can get in the garage, and set up a work area I will try and make one. this seems like it should be a real handy table to make.

·
In Loving Memory
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Than you so much

Jim
If I don't mind?...I'm so glad that you found the idea useful

Doug
What is "Tchotchke"...it sounds like Polish but even my wife doesn't know this word (not that her Polish is something to be admired of)

Regards
niki

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
It's Yiddish.
From Wikipedia:
tshotshke, tshatshke, tchatchke, chachke, or chochke) because there is no standardized transliteration] trinket), ultimately from a Slavic word for "toys" (Polish: cacka, Russian: цацки) are trinkets, small toys, knickknacks, baubles, or kitsch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.