LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am working on restoring an old Charleston style round table that had a painted base and a solid mahogany top. I am looking to refinish the base but am not sure how to get that flat farmhouse style look. I will probably need to go with a darker color like a flat black or dark green. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?

This table needs a ton of repair work done beforehand but I want to make sure I am prepared for the finishing steps.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the ideas. I looked at milk paint but cannot find a source locally and need to finish the table by the end of the week. I came up with a multilayer-ed satin finish that might give me similar results. I am going to use coats of different colored paint and then sand through the top layer and distress the legs a bit. After that will put a polyacrilic clear coat to add some durability. Will this look ok?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.