LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

First wooden hand plane

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  MyFathersSon 
#1 ·
beginning!

I bought a board of 3/4 beech. I chopped four pieces of it and glued it up. I've been wanting to make one of these for a while now. My dad is helping me with parts as I am still not allowed to use the tablesaw. This is going to take a while because of school and other priorities. Im going to bed the iron at 50 degrees. Its going to be my hybrid of a coffin smoother and a krenov style plane. I hope to get to actually shaping of it soon.

#5 ·
"My dad is helping me with parts as I am still not allowed to use the tablesaw."

I remember those days very well, the sad part is that while I was living it, the days seemed to drag on, but now it seems like that was just yesterday. I look forward to updates on your project.

#6 ·
Welcome to Lumberjocks!
Im with the same plans, I already ordered a 1 3/4" Iron with chipbreaker and the Krenov Plane Plans from Hock Tools , but I want to make it the old way, that is making the iron housing in a solid block of wood, with lateral abutments for the wedge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.