LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
For the finish-
I would get the slab rough sanded / leveled maybe 100 grit. Then apply your epoxy - fill all the holes big and small that you want to be filled. Depending on the size of the crack you can do 2 or more pours to fill it. Make sure the last pour isn't very thick - this will help prevent air bubbles. With small pin holes you can work the epoxy in with a squeegee - when your done make sure that the epoxy sits slightly above the surface so you have something to sand. I use duct tape to keep it from running out the back, you do get some residue - but you have to prep for final finish anyway. Its cheap and I have it around the shop.

Once its all cured do your finish sanding prep work and topcoat however you choose.

As far as the butterfly goes I like anything dark to go with ash, but you are the one who has to look at it.

Good Luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.