LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
4,013 Posts
First attempt at a hutch

First attempt at a hutch

I started this thread with questions in the forum section but I'll finish in here since I am posting the progress.
I thought I started this blog already but couldn't find it so I'm starting this one.
I bought the New Yankee workshop plans for #111 hutch. Having never built a piece of furniture I thought it was going to be hard. So far it's is coming along fairly easily. I go back to the video when I have questions and they are usually answered in there.
Tonight I assembled the frame. I quickly realized that this building units this large is not fun in a one car garage. I bought the house with the existing bench in there and only made changes to the height. This piece of furniture is helping me understand exactly what I do and do not need in this garage. After it's done I will work on organizing the garage for my needs.
Here's a photo of the work so far.

I used screws to pull it together. In the video Norm use nailes and a hammer from the inside. When I tried to use a nail gun on a test piece I was not able to get the gun into the tight corners . Since the piece will be painted I used screws to hold it together till the glue dires. I don't have clamps long enough for this.
Paul, thats a nice looking hutch.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.