LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've seen furniture finished in an Asian style that looks like the wood was painted a deep red then covered in black and had the black rubbed off of some of the edges and corners. Kind of an antique-like feel. I'm not sure how to describe it other than that. Does anyone have an idea of how I would go about doing this? I'm thinking of using up some of my scrap lumber to build several small candle shelves that would look good with this type of finish and it would fit the Asian theme of the room where they'll hang.

Thanks!
Erich

·
Registered
325 Posts
Don't know the exact look you are looking for but I have done some simple projects by just spraying with primer and then the red you are looking for covered with black. Then I rub with steel wool until I get the look I want. I just leave it at that but I have seen some where they cover with a clear coat when done for more of a sheen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.