LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just joined Lumberjocks and am really excited about its potential as a resource for my woodworking as well as a great community of people who seem really excited to help and interact.

Once thing I was hoping to get out of it (especially after I was looking how to post information about my shop… coming soon!) was the ability to find other folks near me and connect in person.

Is there (or could there be) a way to search for people near me (by the location of my shop, etc). Would have to be an option to not show your location on a map, but I for one would love to pull up a map, see the woodworkers near me, look at their projects and meet a few for a cooperative woodworking session or even a beer afterwards.

Any thoughts on adding this to the site (or can it already be done and I'm too dumb to find it)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Todd, if you go to your home page and click on workshop, you will see a blue link that says "view all workshops". When you do this, it will bring up a google map of where people (who have posted their workshop) are located. You can also go to the JOCKS tab at the top of each page and look there. HTH.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh… thanks. Because I had not yet posted mine, I didn't get access to that functionality.

Even MORE motivation to post my pics and my writeup. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
hey todd, good to have you aboard. i see your just down the hill in highlands , i am up the i 70 in evergreen. if you ever need any thing or just want to bs about woodworking drop me a line and i will give you my address and number. we might need to put together a denver ljs meeting this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.