LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice score! You might not be a collector but that plane looks like a collectors example to me! Is that the original tag I see on the plane? It looks mint as in un-used. I'm sure some collector would gladly trade you a very good serviceable user plane for that! If it was mine and I wasn't going to put it on a shelf (which is what I would do!) I would sell it and get a good user.

But thats just me. Good luck with it. She's a beaut!

·
Registered
20,604 Posts
a pretty nice deal. I would tend to agree with tshiker. I'd do a little research before wearing that tag off, especially if that's the original box sitting next to it. Stanley #50s are not that uncommon, but Stanley #50 in mint condition to come around every day.

If I had a #50 user, I'd trade and throw in another user (to be negotiated) to boot, so If I would there are certainly more serous collectors out there than me.

Two for the price of one, win-win!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.