LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all. I don't know where to post this, so I stuck it in here. I just got my R4511 the other day and after playing a bit, the saw needed some small adjustments. Everything is in order now except the fence. It is approximately 1/8" out of square with the blade. The manual does not have any info on how to adjust this. I thought about shimming the front brace for the fence to bring it out. Is this the correct way? I am Professional Land Surveyor, not a Professional Craftsman. thanks

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
Are you sure it is the fence that is out and not the blade?

A quick way to eyeball it is to line the fence up with edge of a miter slot and lock it down. If the problem is the fence, 1/8th inch should be easy to see.

I have the Ridgid TS3660, and the manual details the procedure for aligning the fence. I would be surprised if that info is not in your manual.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Here's a link to another forum with R4511 specific info. It sounds like that there are two UHMW alignment screws at the "T" that rides along the fence. I didn't read it all the way through but, you might give it a look.

Also, there appears to be a recall on the saw.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done!! The fence was actually lined up from the beginning. There was some trash/dust on the bottom preventing the fence from aligning. Many thanks for everyone's help.I hope the recall thing was taken care of prior to getting mine the other day.This is a great site with great fellowship!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've included some excerpts from the recall notice below so you can see if your saw is affected. I wouldn't to seen anyone get hurt.

For Immediate Release
August 19, 2009

Ridgid Table Saws Sold Exclusively at Home Depot Recalled
by One World Technologies Due to Laceration Hazard

Description: This recall involves Ridgid 10" table saws, model R4511. The recalled saws have
manufacturing date codes between CD0829 and CD0837.

Hazard: The table saw's arbor shaft can fail when used with a stacked blade set (commonly
known as a "stacked dado set" and used to cut grooves). The stacked blade set can be ejected
from the saw, posing a potential laceration hazard to consumers.

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled table saw and contact One
World Technologies to schedule a free on-site repair.

Firm's Recall Hotline: (866) 539-1710

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.