LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1841 - 1851 of 1851 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,841 ·

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,843 ·
Henry Wood: Perception Ch 1

Hello All,

I took a day off. Then yesterday I wanted to start writing again. I am completely addicted. So I have started the 3rd Henry Wood.

http://extremelyaverage.com/2011/02/henry-wood-perception-ch-1-photos/

Thanks,

Brian
Bill,

I have been busily writing. There has been little time for woodworking. I should probably write a post and bring my Lumberjocks friends up to date. Henry Wood: Perceptions is almost finished, have you been following along?

Brian

·
Registered
131 Posts
Henry Wood: Perception Ch 1

Hello All,

I took a day off. Then yesterday I wanted to start writing again. I am completely addicted. So I have started the 3rd Henry Wood.

http://extremelyaverage.com/2011/02/henry-wood-perception-ch-1-photos/

Thanks,

Brian
No, I didn't realize you were still writing. I just browsed a couple of your recent posts at your site. Funny, I didn't think to look for you there. In a few days I'll have some time to get back to work on some of my ww-related projects…

Best,
Bill

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,845 ·
Hello Long Lost Friends

Hello LJs,

I have not posted in a long long time. I used to post every night, but eventually my blog was no longer about woodworking, just additional chapters of my Henry Wood Detective novels.

Back in October I got a job which required leaving my home. The long commute really shortened my days and I lost my 'Woodworking Time'. I had only enough time to write every day.

On Monday I went to the Woodsmith store and picked up a couple of magazines and a nice piece of cherry. I intend to make a few more tiny boxes to give away to promote the release of my first novel. 'The Henry Wood Detective Agency' got its start right here on Lumberjocks and now I am about to finish up the 3rd in the series. (All three should be released this summer, with at least the 1st one having a print edition.)

I wanted to thank everyone who encouraged me and followed Henry on his adventures. So Thanks. Tonight I wrote a blog post with some of the details about how Henry Wood came about and where he is now, if anyone is interested.

http://extremelyaverage.com/2011/05/story-of-the-writing-of-henry-wood/

Thanks,

Brian

p.s. I will however keep posting anything with woodworking foibles. :) Monday I start my new tiny boxes!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hello Long Lost Friends

Hello LJs,

I have not posted in a long long time. I used to post every night, but eventually my blog was no longer about woodworking, just additional chapters of my Henry Wood Detective novels.

Back in October I got a job which required leaving my home. The long commute really shortened my days and I lost my 'Woodworking Time'. I had only enough time to write every day.

On Monday I went to the Woodsmith store and picked up a couple of magazines and a nice piece of cherry. I intend to make a few more tiny boxes to give away to promote the release of my first novel. 'The Henry Wood Detective Agency' got its start right here on Lumberjocks and now I am about to finish up the 3rd in the series. (All three should be released this summer, with at least the 1st one having a print edition.)

I wanted to thank everyone who encouraged me and followed Henry on his adventures. So Thanks. Tonight I wrote a blog post with some of the details about how Henry Wood came about and where he is now, if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Brian

p.s. I will however keep posting anything with woodworking foibles. :) Monday I start my new tiny boxes!
Good to see you back here Brian. I check in each evening at Extremely Average and follow you thare. I like the current story and look forward to seeing all the sub lines come togather. Thank you for your writing. Nils

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,847 ·
Hello Long Lost Friends

Hello LJs,

Thanks,

Brian

Nils,

I appreciate you following Henry on his adventures. It is nice to hear you are enjoying the stories. I am certainly having fun writing them.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Hello Long Lost Friends

Hello LJs,

Thanks,

Brian

Hi, Brian:
I have also missed your daily postings, although I certainly understand about your time restraints. As I said to you before, I am awaiting publication of your book(s) so that I can follow them in order. I am sure they will be wonderful and I wish you all the success in the world with them. I am happy you are finding some time to do some more woodworking too, as I do enjoy your blogs regarding your journey in learning new techniques.

Happy to see you back here.

Sheila

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hello Long Lost Friends

Hello LJs,

Thanks,

Brian

Brian, welcome back. I have enjoyed some of your recent boxes. However, I'm wondering what business a novel has on a site focused on woodworking. I'm sure it is a good read, but wouldn't there be a better place to talk about it and promote it? Just a thought. :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Hello Long Lost Friends

Hello LJs,

Thanks,

Brian

Hey Brian,
I was about to check in with you to see if you were going to get back into woodworking blogs any time soon. I've missed your posts. Congrats on your writing!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,851 ·
Hello Long Lost Friends

Hello LJs,

Thanks,

Brian

Rance,

You ask a very reasonable question. The reason I stopped posting my daily chapters to Lumberjocks, was for the reason you gave. It is woodworking forum. That being said, several people had emailed me and asked where I had gone. So though I don't post every single night anymore, I decided it was worth an update, since the novel was inspired by some of the folks here on LJ.

Brian

1841 - 1851 of 1851 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.