LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extendable Trestle Table, Myth or Makeable?

I had a request for a Trestle Table with 2-3 extensions. Have any of you seen such a table?

I am not sure as to how to design it. Should the rails slide over the trestle or should the stretcher slide? How would you hide the rails other than using an apron? The apron kind of defeats the style of a true trestle, IMO.

Any assistance, guidance, direction and even general sarcasm would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike-

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

I had a request for a Trestle Table with 2-3 extensions. Have any of you seen such a table?

I am not sure as to how to design it. Should the rails slide over the trestle or should the stretcher slide? How would you hide the rails other than using an apron? The apron kind of defeats the style of a true trestle, IMO.

Any assistance, guidance, direction and even general sarcasm would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike-
http://www.thefurniture.com/store/AD-BR-TABLE.htm

·
Registered
245 Posts

-Mike-
check this out → http://www.woodsmith.com/issues/181/
I would need to look at the issue at home for some further details.

·
Registered
463 Posts

-Mike-
Rockler has the hardware.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts

-Mike-
heres the link to Leevalley hardware - look at the 'tech' notes where you can see the leaf/extension setup in relation to the table/trestle/hardware

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

-Mike-
That link to the one that Cool sent you is a nice plan….I made one for my sister (she uses it for a sewing and cutting table) and she loves it. I made hers out of oak instead of the poplar and cherry plywood they used in theirs. A significantly heavier table….but I had the wood already…

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

-Mike-
Thanks all. I saw the one CoolDavion referenced and was actually looking for a center extension. I think the one shown @ Rockler is it. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=769&filter=trestle%20table%20extension.

Now to start the project and become a productive member here at LJ.

-Mike-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.