LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,242 Posts
Im going to be building a table top out of some reclaimed luber. The table top is going to be 6' long. Now i had to cut the boards down due to some oold nails that i just couldnt get out. What is the best way to join the boards end to end? I was thinking biscuits but im afriad they wont be strong enough. Any suggestions out there?

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Making the cuts for a scarf joint is pretty hard - especially on a TS and especially on wide boards. I think a big lap joint is a much better option.

·
Registered
867 Posts
finger joints could be staggered in a pattern and be really attractive? just a thought

·
Registered
18,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the repliues fellas. With the limited gear that i have im going to go with 3" long half lap joints and butterfly keys. Ill make sure to post some pics when all said and done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.