LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Trying to color code 50 cal. pens with a ring on the projectile like the real ones are. Using Zing embossing powder and thin CA. The problem I'm having is the glue makes the color of the powders lighter and not realistic. What am I doing wrong. I put the powder in the groove and apply a couple drops of thin CA and go all the way around and then turn. Makeing them for The Road To Victory Military Musium in Stewart, Fl. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Dudley, did you ever get a resolution to this? I seem to remember someone using aniline dyes to colour epoxy, would that work for CA glue?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave up on the powder and got some sheets of different color plastics 1/8" thick and segment them. Works good and a lot quicker and not as messy. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.