LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have to go with Steve on this one,dovetail jig. But you know what I always say. Sometimes it's better to own a tool than it is to know how to use it…...........Schloemoe

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have a very nice scroll saw, and regretfully never use it. It's not that I won't ever use it, but scroll sawing seems to be a somewhat different "craft" from the projects presently on my list.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Scroll Saw- I have one with my Shopsmith and I have never hooked it up.

It was the planer/jointer that came with the Shopsmith when I purchased it. Just recently a freind borrowed the planer/jointer and used them and said they worked great. Before that I have never even plugged it in to see if it worked in 3 years. I guess I need to get some use out of it, just not sure if it's any good or not because I see everyone's big heavy jointer and new planer. I do have some old wood that I salvaged from a few remodel jobs that I wanted to test the planer/jointer with, maybe I should…..

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I bought an 18" Leigh Super Dovetail jig about 3 years ago. I put it together and hung it on the wall of my shop. Haven't ever used it. I did have a radial arm saw that was also rarely used. I sold that recently. Everything else is "essential"!
Robert

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My signature line says it all, but I don't have a lot of tools that I don't use. For the most part, I get rid of them if I don't use them. However, I have a pair of 4ft F-style clamps that, I don't think I have ever actually used. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but not really. A 4ft long F-style clamp is just not that useful. Also, they are quite heavy.

I really don't have many that don't get used because I discovered a few years ago that I can ebay them and turn them into cash that I can use to buy something that I will use.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I forgot to mention the pair of screwdrivers I picked up at a garage sale years ago and have NEVER used.

They are 4 feet long.

What was I thinking? They just seemed so…cool, somehow. I'll bet the guy I bought them from bought them at a garage sale, too. Someday I may have a garage sale and sell them to some other sap!They make interesting conversation pieces, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.