LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I have a 1 hp delta that is…..just barely acceptable. Have a HF 2 hp that has been very reliable. I'd buy another in a flash if I needed it. BTW, the HF was cheaper that the Delta.
Just my $.02.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I picked up a Jet 1hp unit for $50 on CraigsList … put a Penn State canister on it. It's OK to hookup to individual machines.

If I were going to plumb a system (maybe in my next shop!), I think I'd go with a Harbor Freight 2hp in conjunction with a Thien separator.

-Gerry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fluid Liquid Plumbing Gas Cable

Gas Fender Automotive tire Engineering Machine

Automotive tire Fender Gas Machine Cylinder

I have a HF 2HP DC that seems to do a good job for me, Im new to wood working so this is the only dc i have ever been around, so i have nothing to compare it to. I added a thien separator and did away with as much flex hose as i could to help air flow. Been thinking about adding a wynn filter but im not sure if it will increase suction or not, Here's a few pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I have the 2 HP HF DC with the Wynn 35A and a shop built Thien Cyclone separator. It works very well, when I remember to turn it on. (I need more power in my shop…)

HF DC $150, Wynn 35A canister filter $165.00 after S&H (spun bond poly) and stuff to build a Thien Cyclone, $30.00

·
Registered
680 Posts
Waste container Flooring Gas Cylinder Machine

We have a similar setup to "dbhost" but, with trashcan pre-separator. We wanted portability so built a larger deck with casters and installed the HF DC (still mounted on it's original base) and the trashcan pre-separator. The Wynn 35A nano filter cartridge works well as was worth the price. Have had the pre-separator since day one and after emptying the 30 gallon trash can several times have only about 2-3 inches of material in the lower bag which has never been emptied.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,346 Posts
The HF 2HP is a good choice. Mine is set up like Ricks….minus the bags. I run mine directly through the wall to the outside.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Richard;

The HF DC goes on sale all the time. Got mine about two plus years ago and it was on sale for $139.00 plus they let me use my 20% coupon off that. Spent more on the Wynn filter cartidfe that the DC. The deck I installed everything on was made from scrap and put some heavt duty 4" casters on it that I already had. makes it very portable.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congratulations on the new tool, Bill. I would be very interested to know your impressions of it when you eventually have it up and running. I am looking at the Shop Fox model (pretty much the same machine I believe) and will potentially buy it in December when it will be on sale at the local dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.