LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Delta 1hp dust collector that has been serving me well for quite a few years. The problem I have is with the 30 micron bags. I've looked at upgrading them with either new felt bags or possibly a canister filter top with clear trash bag bottom. It seem more expensive then I initially imagined which made me wonder about just getting a larger collector. I guess I'm wondering if these upgrades are worth the money, if they improve performance at all, or if I should wait until I can upgrade the collector to something more powerful.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Arvid- these days it seems that canister is the way to go either as an upgrade like a Wynn canister or Delta may have a canister to fit your unit.

Filtering to 1 micron would be much better I think than your 30 micron bags that you are currently using.

Last year I got a Penn State canister unit 1.5 hp and it works very well in my basement shop. It was under $300 and easy to assemble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.