LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've been racking my brain for the past couple of months trying to decide on a good collector for a 430 sf basement shop that currently has a tablesaw, bandsaw, router table and miter saw and will eventually have a jointer, planer, drill press and spindle sander. I am seriously looking at the Jet vortex 1100 and the Grizzly G0548Z 2HP collectors. Can you dust collector gurus give me some advice to help me make a decision.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Between the 2, I recommend the Griz. You will have a lot more impeller (12 3/4" versus 11"), HP, and maybe most importantly: tighter filtration. True enough, the jet has the "vortex" but you can easily make a Thein seperator or even put a wok in the jet (information all over the web about either). But I see the Griz being much more collector with higher air flow. Of course you will need 240V service for it but it should serve you well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the lower noise level of the Jet as well as the fact that it's 120 vs 220. It has a higher static pressure which I've read is very important. I do like the lower price of the Grizzly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.