LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
I had one and sold it about 3 months ago for $300, along with some extras. I just saw another one last week listed on another forum for $350 (and sold quickly). I'd say he's quite high for that particular model. The early model (31-250, the one I had) did have some problems. My particular one didn't have any of them, and the later ones (31-255 and up) seems to have the bugs worked out. Regardless, I see that as being $250-300 overpriced. Just my opinion. BTW, I sold mine because while I used it a lot for several years, that use had declined recently and i wanted the room back. Bear in mind, a good DC is a must with these tools; so if you don't have one you will also have to get that. I had bought mine second hand but unused a year after they came out for $500.

·
Registered
19,961 Posts
That sander looks very similar to the Grizzly G0458. With shipping, just under $1000.00. I recently acquired a used one & have only used it a short time, but I LOVE it!!! I got mine off of CL for $200.00. I don't pay more than 50% of "new retail", for any CL finds….

I would say the Delta unit is priced…. OK, but not a steal.

EDIT: I see Fred has chimed in, with more relevant information!!!

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
I've read grousing about that particular model.

I think you'll find a closed-end machine less fussy.
I've had both types and I still have the open-end
Performax but we have a kind of a resentful
relationship and I don't use it much.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I bought one used 6 years ago for $500 including 24 sanding strips of assorted grits. I use it for sanding end grain cutting boards and to dimension stock to final thickness and for very thin stock. If I could justify one, here is what I would buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.