LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If you've never used a scroll saw before it might be a good idea to get the Dremel to find out if you like it before you spend $500 on the DeWalt and find you don't like to scroll saw. Try to get the person on Craigslist to come down on the price I think I paid way less than $125 for my used Dremel one to find out I never use it much.

·
In Loving Memory
10,667 Posts
I bought one second hand, paid about
75.00 dollars for it, it's been a good saw
for me. No trouble at all. That's been
five years ago. Don't use it much anymore
though. Still works good too. mike

·
Registered
125 Posts
I do not know about the dremel, but i have the dewalt and i love it. If you are going to do a lot of scroll sawing i would wait and get the dewalt, but if not the dremel might serve the purpose. One of the things to look for on a scroll saw is blade changing and setting the tension and on the dewalt it is super simple.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Its not THAT great of a deal. You can buy a new one for $30 more from a store with a guarantee and/or return policy. Check prices online.

I'm sure its a fine machine. But I also like my DeWalt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.