LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a YouTube Channel!

After years of watching other woodworkers on YouTube, I thought it was time for me to join in. I have started a woodworking channel called Dread Knot Woodshop (you can find it here). The first video is a tour of my new shop and the second video is my first project in which I build a clamp rack. Please watch, like, and subscribe if you feel so inclined. I will be posting all future videos to this blog series for those of you that would like to follow along. You can find the first video here:

Dread Knot Woodshop Ep 1 Shop Tour 2015

·
Registered
214 Posts

After years of watching other woodworkers on YouTube, I thought it was time for me to join in. I have started a woodworking channel called Dread Knot Woodshop (you can find it here). The first video is a tour of my new shop and the second video is my first project in which I build a clamp rack. Please watch, like, and subscribe if you feel so inclined. I will be posting all future videos to this blog series for those of you that would like to follow along. You can find the first video here:

I just subscribed! I think you'll like it. I find it helps keep me motivated to always be thinking about what to bud next or what new technique to try next.

·
In Loving Memory
8,391 Posts

Well equipped shop and doing the videos makes it even more fun. Good luck with your new channel.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Nice looking shop!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Shop update 01

In this video I discuss whats new and upcoming in the Dread Knot Woodshop.

Check it out here
Another nice video.

I'm glad there are folks like you that are willing to put yourself out there to make these and share some woodworking tips.

Not sure what the above comment is about. That shutoff you made looks to me like it will do the job. I like the one I have on my table saw that I can shut off with my leg and keep my eyes on the business end of the machine. Yours looks like it could work the same.

Keep the vids coming….....................

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zero-Clearance Insert for Contractor Saws

In this video, I go through the process of making a zero clearance insert for a friend's contractor type saw.

·
Registered
981 Posts

In this video, I go through the process of making a zero clearance insert for a friend's contractor type saw.

Nice video, informative and useful. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
779 Posts

Nicely done.

I can see it would be more beneficial to have the actual saw in front of you to line things up. You did a great job showing how easy it can be to make these ZCI's for the table saw.

Thanks for the lesson…................

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Make Lathe Tool Handles

In this installment of Dread Knot Woodshop, we make longer handles for some old Craftsman lathe chisels on the lathe.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Make Lathe Tool Handles

In this installment of Dread Knot Woodshop, we make longer handles for some old Craftsman lathe chisels on the lathe.

Agree with putty, nice video, and I've got to try that finish too. I like easy when it comes to finishing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Make Lathe Tool Handles

Don: Yes I did put the finish on the ferrule as well, not sure if it does any good there but I figure some protection is better than none

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.