LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm no expert, but I think through dovetails pretty much require same thickness for the tail boards and pin boards (sides and front/back).

I think for non-through you can get away with different thicknesses, but I think it is less common to make those by hand. (lots of end-grain chiseling).

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
It depends on the size of the drawer For a small jewelry box 1/4" might be too thick and on big drawer in a workbench 3/4" might be needed to hold heavy tools. I like to keep things proportional in relation to the size of the drawer and weight of the expected contents. For large drawers on dressers I think 1/2" is about right. It's really up you and your sense esthetics and the functionality you want to build into the piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.