LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
In Loving Memory
6,973 Posts
Hi guys,
I have been "down" for the last couple of weeks due to my scheduled medical tests which are followed by my primary care doctor and my urologist/surgeon. After I had the tests done I asked the nurse if she would call me and let me know the results as I needed to be put out of my misery. Well I got the call and if I heard her right, she told me all my levels were within parameters and that my PSA had remained at 0.2. This was great news and I am so relieved and now actually chomping at the bit to get to my appointments next week just so I can gloat. It looks like I am holding my own and have not got any worse in the last 6 months even though I have medication side effects. Wow, I was so happy I could have kissed a LJ !!!!
But wait, there is more. Flushed with my new high I hooked the trailer up and went to HD to get some lumber as I now knew for sure I can count on doing some woodwork for at least another 6 months (lol).
When I got to HD I was walking up the lumber isles with a large sheet of paper with all my jottings when I was approached by a HD guy - with a shirt and tie. He asked me if I would like to have $50 off by bill today?? - you gotta know I said yes. OK so what was the catch? All I had to do was apply for a business HD card and I would get $50 off my purchases at the checkout. Woo Hoo, I practically doubled my list and got out of there with 50 bucks off the bill. Life is GOOD, and Oct 25th is my birthday.
I am once again a motivated LJ.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
Happy Birthday, Roger. What better way to spend your birthday than working in the shop, unless, of course, it is buying yourself a new tool for your birthday.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Happy Birthday and We're all glad to hear you got a good report card. Sounds like you received a couple nice birthday present already…..Now get to work. LOL

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Well- I've heard all the b.d. greetings, but my big question is: How old are you? You never mentioned that!! lol.
Glad you're up to snuff, got good reports, and rip, raring, and ready.
We don't have guys wearing coats and ties here in Arkansas. All these wear overalls and have tatoos, and no shoes!! You ever heard of an Arkansas hill-runner? That's us. Have a good day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.