LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am making a shadobox display case. The back sits in a rabbet in the frame. I need to find some of those dohickeys they use on the back of pictureframes to help keep the back in place but then allow the person to open it up if they want to change some things.

I have the backpiece flush with the back of the sides, so I need something that lays flush…it would also need to use small screws as I only have 3/8ths worth of wood to work with…

Thanks for any ideas…

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
It sounds like you are wanting a point driver. They are not cheap but, if you are going to do any framing at all, they are worth the money.

You can also use brad nails and needle nose pliers but the push points are easier and hold better.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lew that is exactly what I was looking for THANKS!!!!!!

Scott…those wont work for me because the back is flush together(the back may even be a little proud of the sides)

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
I couldn't remember what they were called, either! But I had a whole bag of them in the shop. Bought them to hold the backs on a bunch of triangular flag cases. Hope you post the display case when it's finished.

Lew

·
Registered
667 Posts
John, try Michaels they should have a variety of sizes and will be alot cheaper than a woodworkers supply store.
They have an entire picture frame department. I have even bought frame material from mine to make my own frames.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Michaels was the first place I looked. The lady in the Framing department had no idea what I was talking about, and when I showed her she promptly told me they do not carry those type of items…<sigh>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.