LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Beginning

Ok guys this weekend my Father In Law asked me to help him out with something, in his computer room at his house (where he keeps his server rack and various computer items) he wants a workbench/desk/bookshelf. The two of us talked and this is what i came up with. The top is 5' x 32"... I was going to use a piece of countertop… but I'm not sure what to build the rest of it out of. I thought maybe baltic birch or melamine, or oak veneer ply… any suggestions?

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
The Beginning

Ok guys this weekend my Father In Law asked me to help him out with something, in his computer room at his house (where he keeps his server rack and various computer items) he wants a workbench/desk/bookshelf. The two of us talked and this is what i came up with. The top is 5' x 32"... I was going to use a piece of countertop… but I'm not sure what to build the rest of it out of. I thought maybe baltic birch or melamine, or oak veneer ply… any suggestions?

Hi Chuck,

Oak plywood would make a nice looking computer station. That would be my material of choice.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
The Beginning

If you plan on painting it, use whatever is the cheapest, otherwise oak veneer with solid wood to
trim it out.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts
The Beginning

I am an Oak guy myself. But, my house is all oak trim. Go with something that fits the decor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.