LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I don't know if there is any standard, but if you put them 7 inches apart, you may need a lot of turns on your vise to clinch a board in place. I also put several that were not in line with the vise to use a holdfast. I didn't do them quite randomly, but almost. I put in 3 or so , and just put them where I thought the holdfast would be most useful - some are in the middle ( from front to back) and some near the rear. If you are making holes for a holdfast, it helps to have it in hand so you can see how far away the pad is from the hole.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
From the front edge of your bench, they should line up with the dog in your vise. That way you can put pinch things between the vise dog and the bench dog. The distance between them is up to you, but SnowyRiver seems like a good idea. That is if I'm understanding your question correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.