LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
51,858 Posts
So by reading all the posts, it sometimes looks like we all spend 24X7 woodworking…not that that wouldnt be great, but how about other hobbies? Do any of you do other things for fun as well?

Here is my list:

Antique collecting
Gardening
Gun collecting
Amateur radio
Customizing my truck

I used to be very active in sports, playing hockey, tournament tennis…this took 6 days a week. Running and bicycle racing. I now just walk for excercise…too old and banged up for anything more serious :)

·
Registered
16,431 Posts
1. Music (play piano and guitar, and write music)
2. Photography

I garden just enough to keep the house looking decent, but I don't enjoy it all that much.

I also run a couple of miles every day to stay in good cardio shape, but I can hardly call it a hobby considering I HATE it. I do love the fact that it makes me feel great tho other 23.5 hours per day. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
photography
electronics
geocaching
weight lifting
cycling
ham radios
home improvement

We need to make longer days

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Photography was my first passion. I really screwed it up by turning it into a business and going pro. Now I have a sour taste in my mouth everytime I pick up a camera.

I don't intend the same thing to happen to woodworking!

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
My list is a little long, but in order they are…

Fishing
Hunting
Camping (By car, backpack, canoe, whatever…)
Cars / 4×4s (I desperately need to do some detail work to my truck!)
Art (Photography, Painting, Drawing)
Music (Bass Guitar, Percussion, Singing)
Electronics (Computers, Amateur Radio)
Cooking (I am on competition BBQ and Chili teams)
Home Brewing

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
My other hobby is camping. We have a travel trailer and spend a lot of time at the beach. We dont get to go as often as we would like due to the fact my wife just had knee surgery and is on disability. But, things are getting better quickly.

I havent built any wood project in months. Most of my "shop" time has been rebuilding and restoring old wood working tools. So far I have done a 1944 Walker Turner table saw, '68 Delta unisaw, '65 Delta 14" bandsaw and my current project is a Powermatic 15" drill press. I am really looking forward to completing this and then get the shop cleaned up and get back to making saw dust. I really miss the smell of walnut.

·
Super Moderator
5,236 Posts
wow - sounds like we all have a lot of similar interests… I'll toss my hat into the ring…

home improvement - at least what I can do without screwing myself or the house up even worse
writing fiction
most outside activities/sports
playing with my pups
I should pick my trumpet back up one of these days, but keep thinking about learning guitar or piano. :)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.