LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner

DIY Network Stud Finder Competition

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  tooldad 
Help a fellow LJ -- Need your views and votes and comments

I know just in the past few days we have been bashing the tv networks for not funding Norm and shoving hours and days worth of activity into 20 minutes. But I want my claim to fame, well at least a chance. Even if it is just online!

Please view my entry video, it's not the most exciting, but to the point, and hopefully not too boring. I will be honest, I feel I am PBS material not DIY network material. Simply, I am the real deal, similar to Norm, and I am not an actor with a pretty face that can read cue card and make it look like you aren't.

I would be honored if I was selected as a finalist and got to go for America's vote which the winners will be notified the first week of August. I don't know if I would honestly accept a show offer knowing the history of the channel and how often a show goes off the air after a few weeks and have to give up teaching at a school I absolutely love. Well we'll cross that bridge if the road goes that way when it comes.

Here is the link to the video.

http://www.diynetwork.com/stud-finder-2009-be-the-next-do-it-yourself-star-gallery/package/index.html?sortby=recent&pn=3&vw_arrange_order=DESC&vw_sort_order=MOST_RECENT&pageref=Photo_Video-1032137

Anyways if that doesn't work, I am on pg 3 of the recent entries, 4th row down, 3rd in from left. Here's a link to page 3:

http://www.diynetwork.com/stud-finder-2009-be-the-next-do-it-yourself-star-gallery/package/index.html?pn=3

The producers will select 4 of the 5 finalists. America will vote for the 5th. Voting takes place Aug 3-31. I would appreciate your vote! I will update the link for the voting next month. Hopefully with 11000+ LJ's I can get a few views and get noticed by the producers.

Thanks for the support. I too will have more videos posted online once school starts up again for those that are interested.
Hey Jason
I edited My previous post because I didn't feel it was supportive enough after thinking about it.
Good look in the competition .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.