LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,989 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I have this blade in my CMS. It's not bad for ~$15, but frankly I would not buy it again. Too much tear-out on nearly every kind of wood for my taste. If you're doing construction or something that doesn't require clean edges, fine, but I'll be buying something else when I replace my blade.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
I concur with Jonah. These are construction grade blades that aren't well suited for fine woodworking, but if it suits a need…

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess something must be wrong with my buddys blade because he doesn't get tear out on his projects and the cut is smooth as glass in all types of wood. I'll let you know how mine performs when it arrives. Thanks for the comments and I'll be sure to look out for the issues that you've brought up. I'm keeping my Freud for sure , but figured it would be nice to have a back up blade…If it cuts like crap , I'll just use it to chop up framing lumber with : )

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dusty,

Thanks for the tip… I am in need of a 12" blade because I sawed through some nails with the existing one :) I'll report back my findings (after I put the second blade on ebay!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.